Freebie Express: Kalalabas lang!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Win autographed copy of "Pacific Rims" by Rafe Bartholomew

For me, basketball is the next best thing discovered by man next to television.

My first toy was a plastic basketball worth Php 5.  I was rushed for treatments twice after sustaining broken limbs in separate incidents playing basketball but never regretted both accidents.  I still look up to Sen. Robert Jaworski Sr.  My well-kept treasure is my Charles Barkley collection and I even named my son after this NBA hall-of-famer.

To say that I am a basketball fan is an understatement.  I lost count of how many family events, meet-ups with friends and even dates with my then-GF now my wife Leah I skipped just to stay home and watch an important basketball game on TV--- UAAP, PBA, NBA... name it.  I have marked them in red on my calendar.

This may sound a little exaggerated but you can go and ask my wife.

Anyways, enough of this lengthy introduction for a promo being conducted by National Bookstore FB fan page.  Here's what they posted in their page:

Send us any basketball themed photo of yourself or a loved one for a chance to get an autographed copy of "Pacific Rims" by Rafe Bartholomew! The top 3 photos with the most "likes" by the end of the voting period and 2 "NBS Choice" entries will win!

Some examples:
1. Wearing your favorite basketball jersey
2. Playing basketball with your... friends
3. Twirling a basketball
4. Reading a memoir of your favorite player or coach
5. Your child learning to play using a toy basketball court
6. You and your favorite basketball player

Entries must be sent to contest@nationalbookstore.com.ph by August 12, 12 noon. Deadline of voting is on August 20, 12 noon. Good luck!


Rafe is an American author who stayed in the Philippine just to write about Filipinos fascination with the game of basketball.  Just a little trivia.  He acted as one of the American who Sunshine Dizon forced to be the father of her child in GMA 7's Bakekang.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats bro. It's always nice to hear that one of the readers of my blog won something from one of my posts. Thanks for the update!

    Btw, I also have a copy of the book... truly a great reading for Pinoy basketball fans!

    ReplyDelete