Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Electrolux gives 12 participants the chance to be part of a culinary boot camp and compete for the title of Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star.
As part of its exciting list of activities lined-up in celebration of its 10th Anniversary, Electrolux is once again calling on all culinary enthusiasts as they launch the 3rd Wok-A-Holic cooking competition!
With this year’s theme, Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star, Electrolux is searching for 12 participants who will cook their way to the top and win the grand prize which includes a culinary scholarship from CCA Manila, an Electrolux kitchen showcase and gifts from this year’s Wok-A-Holic partners.
Open to all amateur cooks, Wok-A-Holic will hold a Kitchen Star Boot Camp for its Top 12 participants featuring Wok-A-Holic judge and celebrity chef, Chef Bruce Lim as headmaster. In this 2-day boot camp, Chef Bruce Lim along with Chef Jonathan Bautista and Chef Rosebud Benitez will teach the 12 contenders kitchen tips and tricks as well as test their skills through various cooking challenges, to prepare them for the Grand Wok-A-Holic Cook Off.
If you think that you could be the next Electrolux Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star, like The Little White Book Facebook page and upload a photo of yourself cooking your favorite wok dish, attach your recipe, and share why you think you deserve to be one of the 12 contenders for the competition. Hurry as submission of entries is only until June 15, 2012!
Share more of our thinking at electrolux.com.ph. Like us on facebook.com/thelittlewhitebook or follow us through twitter.com/ElectroluxPH.
Monday, May 21, 2012
UPDATES: For those who are encountering difficulties sending their entries via email@example.com, you may opt to send your emails through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and kindly indicate that the email indicated in their print ads regarding the Father's day promo is not working. Will continue to monitor Philippine Star if they will change the email indicated in their announcements. Good luck to everyone!
Father's day is still a month away but you might want to plan ahead to give him a very special celebration this year. How about a Php 10,000-worth of shopping spree at Robinsons Mall for FREE.
The Philippine Star and Robinsons Mall is looking for the five (5) daddies who deserve this special treat in their Daddy's Cool! promotion. Calling all sons and daughters to join this contest. Just tell in 200 words or less why your dad means the world to you.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your father doing what he does best (talent, skill, or hobby) from May 20 to June 3, 2012. Include your name, age, address, contact nos. and the name and age of your dad.
Just one important note: Senders and their dad, in case they win, must make themselves available during the prize turnover on June 8 (Friday). All winning daddies will be featured in the June 17 (Father's day) issue of the Philippine Star.
Last year, fellow blogger Vance Madrid of www.purpleplumfairy.blogspot.com won the Mother's day edition of this contest. Fortunately, my Nanay also won this year in what I consider a very generous promotion from Robinsons Malls and their affiliated shops. I hope another fellow blogger or one of my readers win this thing as well.
|There's me with my son Charles and Nanay Conchit during the awarding for Robinsons Mall Mother's Day promo 2012. This photo was published in the May 13, 2012 issue of the Philippine Star.|
Friday, May 18, 2012
Every man’s dream fulfilled: The Axe Anarchy Raid is here!
For the man’s man, only a few things on this earth can prove as exciting as the thrill of the hunt. Axe pumps up the pleasure of the predator-and-prey pursuit with the Axe Anarchy Raid, the metro’s hottest game of cops-and-robbers that features 100 of the Philippines’ sexiest ladies chasing a hundred ordinary guys for a two million peso cash prize, to be held on June 9 at Eastwood Plaza, Libis.
The Axe Anarchy Raid is open to all men of legal age who are bold enough to be part of the 100 contenders. Playing the role of robbers, the shortlisted men will be handcuffed and assigned a number. The ladies will play the role of cops and will also be assigned certain numbers each. Braving a host of wild obstacles and challenges, the “cops” must hunt down the “robber” with the same number as hers. The first pair to make a successful arrest will clinch the coveted prize in this no-losers game of fun and adrenaline-filled pursuit.
The explosive event is presented by Axe Anarchy, the first fragrance from Axe for both men and women. With its stimulating scent that fires up the senses, Axe Anarchy releases uncontrollable appeal in every hunk and babe and takes attraction to a new level.
Give in to the new order of insatiable attraction. Try out the new Axe Anarchy and join the year’s most exciting high-stakes chase. Check out www.facebook.com/axephilippines for more details and watch out for updates on the list of female celebrities who will enlist in the hunt.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
I think it safe to say that almost all of us have an athlete that we look up to. How you wish you could shoot like Michael Jordan, punch like Manny Pacquaio or run like Usain Bolt.
Well, you might want to try and pretend like them and capture your moves in a video and you could win yourself gift certificates from Toby's Sports and get all the sports apparel and stuff that you've been dreaming of since you thought you can be a heck of a player.
How to Join:
- Participants may join by creating a video (video should not exceed 2 minutes) that shows his or her best move like dunking on the ring, smashing a tennis ball, kicking a football etc.
- The video should be posted on Toby’s Sports official fan page (http://www.facebook.com/Tobysstore) to be counted as an official entry.
- Participants may use any video sharing site (ex. Youtube, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc.) as long as it can be viewed by other people when posted in Toby’s Sports official fan page.
- Think of a creative title for the video (ex. John’s amazing 360 lay-up for Toby’s Sports!)
- Participants must encourage their friends to share their video.
- Participants must ensure that safety precautions (ex. Warm-up, stretching, conditioning, medical check-ups, etc.) are taken into consideration before performing their move. Protective gear must also be worn at all times during the video. Toby’s Sports will not be liable for any injuries, traumas, accidents or fatalities that may occur during the filming of the video.
- Participants must get official permission from the person who owns the place where they are going to shoot the video. Toby’s sports will not be liable for damage to property, trespassing and the like.
All Participants Shall Attest to the Following:
- Participants must be residents of the Philippines in order for their entry to be valid.
- The video must not have any special effects that will give an unfair advantage to a participant’s sports move.
- The participant must ensure that he or she is the person doing the move in the video in order for the entry to be valid.
- There can only be one entry per person. If you wish to change your entry you must delete your old video. Two or more entries will disqualify you from the contest.
- Toby’s Sports has the right to remove and disqualify videos which are deemed as offensive, vulgar, hateful, racist, and the like.
- Toby’s sports has full rights to use your video in any way, shape, or form.
Criteria for Judging:
- 50% - Wow factor and difficulty of the move
- 30% - Creativity and originality
- 20% - Number of shares and number of positive comments
Prizes of Winners:
- 1st Place – P5000 worth of Toby’s Sports GCs
- 2nd Place – P3000 worth of Toby’s Sports GCs
- 3rd Place – P2000 worth of Toby’s Sports GCs
Promo period is until May 25, 2012 only.