Freebie Express: Kalalabas lang!

Monday, September 20, 2010

FREE Admission to Pormang PBA Fashion Show

I've been a basketball fan from the very moment I learned how to dribble the ball. I religiously follow my teams from the NBA, UAAP and of course, the PBA.

My all-time NBA fave is Charles Barkley and has a huge collection of "anything Barkley" and since he has retired for almost a decade now, I consider it a great find every time I stumbled upon any Sir Charles item whether online or in shops. Now, I am a Dwayne Wade follower. One reason is that The Flash is a Wade which is actually Barkley's middle name. But of course, this Miami Heat star is one of the most athletic and gifted cager in the league.

In the PBA, I am a certified die-hard fan of Barangay Ginebra since the the 80's. I still have with clippings of Sen. Robert Jaworki and his boy's exploit since the 1980's. It survived Ondoy.

Today, I never missed any PBA game as long Mr. Fearless Ronald Tubid is playing. I have followed the career of this Ginebra spitfire guard since his college years 'coz I am also a University of the East alumnus. Then he went to play with Welcoat in the PBL and saw almost every FREE games held at the Caruncho Stadium (Pasig) before he was drafter by Shell in the pro league.

It has been 7 years since I last saw "The Saint" in person and would love to see him again. Then I saw this great announcement from Araneta Center:

Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) stalwarts try their hands on the ramp this time as they showcase their modeling skills in a special fashion show billed as “Pormang PBA.”

Sixteen of the top players representing the league’s 10 member teams have been tapped for the event scheduled on September 26 at the Araneta Coliseum parking lot.

Staged in cooperation with Binibining Pilipinas Charity Inc., the show is set for 6 pm. Joining the PBA superstars in the three-hour extravaganza are 2010 Ms. Universe 4th runner-up Venus Raj and the rest of this year’s Binibining Pilipinas winners.

Leading the cast of player-models are Derby Ace’s James Yap and Rico Maierhofer, Barangay Ginebra’s JC Intal and Ronald Tubid, Rain or Shine’s Gabe Norwood and Doug Kramer, San Miguel Beer’s Arwind Santos, and Jarred Dillinger of Talk ‘N Text.

Also parading on the ramp are Wesley Gonzales and the rookie pair of Severino Baclao and Rabeh Al-Hussaini of Air21, Alaska’s L.A. Tenorio and Elmer Espiritu, Aris Dimaunahan of Barako Bull, Powerade’s Francis Allera, and Mac Mac Cardona of rookie franchise Meralco.

The PBA stars will don formal, casual, and sporty wear. The activity ushers in the league’s 36th season under new commissioner Chito Salud. “This will showcase the other side of our players apart from basketball, so that fans can see them in a different light, and not just their basketball skills,” Salud said.

A street party will follow after the show and admission is absolutely FREE!


Now, my only wish is that I can get a good seat to view Tubid and the show. I also want my wife to meet him in person and see for herself why I dig this guy who I believed is a really nice guy beneath the bad boy image and tattoos all over his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment