Freebie Express: Kalalabas lang!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

FREE Admission to Japanese Film Festivals (July - September 2010)

image taken from wikepedia.org
I'm on the hunt for Hayao Miyazaki's animated films these days.

It all started when I found out that one of the inspiration for the creation of the Toy Story film saga is Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro released in 1988. Actually, Pixar even included Totoro in Toy Story 3 as one of the toys. Before you get lost with what I'm talking about, here's two facts about Miyazaki that would sound familiar: (1) he is the man behind the animated series Lupin III and (2) won an Oscar for Best Animated Film in 2002 with Spirited Away.

As of today, I have seen Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro (where our very own Leah Salonga and Hollywood actress Dakota Fanning shared their voices in the English version) and Ponyo (dubbed in English with Liam Neeson, Tina Fey and Matt Damon. I am excited to watch Porco Rosso later.

On my search for his film, I stumbled into three (3) Japanese Films Festivals happening from July to September this year. To get the complete schedule, just go to www.jfmo.org.ph.

Admission is absolutely FREE. I just hope they'll feature at least one Miyazaki film.

No comments:

Post a Comment