Freebie Express: Kalalabas lang!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How to Join ABS-CBN's The Price is Right

A decade ago, I almost won a brand new car from ABC 5's Wheel of Fortune hosted by the artist formerly known as Rustom Padilla. Back then, I already had a clue that there is indeed a "Gandanghari" within his hunky physique. He was really nice during the taping of the show and had small talks with him after he found out that I work at VIVA, his home studio. I did three episodes with him which were all aired in December 2000.

Anyways, I can still remember the taste of sweet victory after I solved the jackpot puzzles MURO AMI (Daily round) and HANDCUFF (Weekly round) and the agony of defeat after consecutive Bankrupts in the wheel in the monthly finals where only two equally determined guys keeps me away from a sparkling red Nissan Sentra.

I end up going home with a pearly white rice cooker to add up to my Mini Bar set and Entertainment showcase that I won in the previous two shows.

Today, I feel like joining another TV game show that will be launched by ABS-CBN this coming February. The Kapamilya network will bring back the world's longest running game show (since it was ABC 5 who first made a local version with Dawn Zulueta as the game master) to the Philippines' boob tube: The Price is Right.

For interested studio contestants, the audition will start on January 10 and 11 (9:00 am) at the ABS-CBN Center Road, Mother Ignacia Street in Quezon City as per their TV ads.


The show which will be hosted by Ms. Kris Aquino and is said to be fitted against TV 5's Willing Willie is also looking for talents for the show. Here are the details for those interested:

For `The Price is Right´ Models:
* 18-25 years old
* Must be good in dancing
* Male at least 5'8" in height
* Female at least 5'5" in height

For the On-cam Voice Over Announcer:
* Male 18-35 years old
* Funny and with pleasing personality

Bring your full body and close-up photos on the said date mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment