Freebie Express: Kalalabas lang!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Vote for Wok-A-Holic Star, Win a gift from Electrolux

Who among the 14 finalists will be the Electrolux Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star?

If there is one thing in me that I really want to improve, it's my cooking skill.

Well, I am not really a bad cook but I just want to explore more dishes beyond frying. I am an expert on scrambled eggs, a guru on any fried fish and the Jedi Master of lechon kawali.  Any dish that requires mixing more than two ingredients, I need a cook book beside me if you want an edible serving when I came out of the kitchen.

That's why I'm beginning to love watching cooking show on TV. And what a treat when I was invited to the Electrolux Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star boot camp/ cooking competition held at Walter Mart North Edsa where I met all the 14 finalists who are cutting, chopping and slicing their way in to win the title. (I just hope you love the use of words in that last sentence). 

Astig chefs meet Astig Machimis
Even though I was just watching on the sideline and not actually a participant of the boot camp, I learned new tip and tricks from top celebrity chefs Bruce Lim, Jonathan Bautista and Rosebud Benitez. That's why, when I grow up I want to be a chef, too. :)

Among the participants, I am personally rooting for Belinda Custodio who just reminds me of my mom in many ways.  She has an ala-Maalaala Mo Kaya story to tell but I need not mention it since I believe that her perseverance to win will be her key to the cooking challenge.

Belinda at wok... I mean at work

She sums up why she loves to cook with a soon-to-be-classic line worthy of a sequence in any of the primetime soap opera, "Kung mahal mo ang iyong pamilya, mahalin mo ang pagluluto."

She wants to win for her children and homesicked husband based in Saudi Arabia. I just want Belinda to have a taste of good life and savor sweet victory thus I am supporting her the way to win. You too can show your support by voting for her via The Little White Book on Facebook.  

As a bonus in showing your support to Nanay Belinda to be the Electrolux Philippine Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star, you will be qualified to win some attractive prizes from Electrolux.  You have until June 7, 2012 to vote as the Electrolux Wok-A-Holic Kitchen Star will be announced the following day at Cash and Carry Mall, Makati City. 

And so I say, iboto na si Nanay Belinda! Now na!

No comments:

Post a Comment